FIRST SKETCH CHALLENGE ON SCRAP AFRICA

Friday, January 20, 2012

Hello ladies!!!!

So here we are, the Scrap Africa challenge blog has been launched and here is the first sketch challenge!!!!!!!!!!  We hope that you will have as much fun playing with this sketch as we did.


Here is my take on this sketch.  


The pictures in this layout is of one of our kittens.  We unfortunately had to give them to my parents to live on the farm, as my husband got to sick.  These pictures were taken at amount 3 months.  I must say, when I came across these pictures and decided to use them, I had forgotten how cute they were.  

All the paper in the layout is from Kaisercarfts new christmas range, called Merry Medley.  You might think it strange to use christmas paper with cat pictures taken not at christmas time.  But I found that the red and green in the paper, matches the pictures perfectly!  I also found that the colours lifted the pictures did not make them as dull.  

For the embellishments I used some bits and pieces I had lying around.  The flowers are from Prima; the arrows and doodles are BoBunny; the tag is a Kaisercraft tag from the Hunt and Gather range, but I used the back side (I really liked the corrugated side).  Here are some close-ups of the detail.  



Along with me, there are five very talented ladies that are designing for Scrap Africa, they are

For this challenge we also have two amazingly talented scrap ladies that joined us as guest designers.  The first one is Kim Watson.


Here is what Kim has to say:

"Hi everybody!  I'm so happy to be guesting for Scrap Africa.  It is fantastic to hear of new exciting scrapping ventures emreging from within the super talent we have here in South Africa.  I just know you are going to love these challenges.  
I have been scrapping for 6 years after being invited to a scrapping "crop".  I admit I was nervous that day, didn't have the foggiest idea what a "crop" was.  I was pleasantly surprised that beyond the cute products and great coffee was a community of super friendly, creative ladies, many of whom I am still good friends with today.  Over the years I have been privileged to design for some fabulous scrapbooking manufacturers and magazines.  Currently I am working with Creative Keepsakes magazine as part of their Dream Team for the third year, Fancy Pants Designs for two years and this is my fourth year designing for Cocoa Daisy kits.  For me scrapbooking embraces all the things I find beautiful:  colour, texture, layering and stitching and most importantly helps me capture my life and thoughts in a medium I love.  
I am excited to share a page with you today using this fabulous sketch, together with the new Love Story line from Fancy Pants Designs."  


Please visit Kim's blog - http://kj-starre.blogspot.com/

Our second guest designer does not need a lot of introduction.  Here is Nadia Connizo.  


"My name is Nadia Cannizzo, and I live in Sydney, Australia.  I was born and raised in Greece and moved to Australia when I was 11.  I am a mummy of 2, much loved and much wanted little girls and I have been married to my husband for the last 12 years.  I am a Primary School teacher and have been teaching for about 11 years.  I have been scrapping/paper-crafting officially for just under 2 years now and in March 2011 I started my own challenge blog called Once Upon A ... Sketch.  At present I am on the Design Team for an Australian online store called Handmade by Suzanne.  I am so excited to be here and thank you so very much for inviting me."  

Here is Nadia's take on the sketch.  


Please go and visit Nadia's blog - http://samnadia.blogspot.com/.  

Ok ladies, so what do you have to do...........................

Make a layout based on the sketch at the top of this post.  Remember you can rotate, turn or flip the sketch.  You can also create a double page with it.  You have until the 9th of February to submit your projects.  Please link you project tool through the linky tool on the bottom of the post on the Scrap Africa Blog.  Please note that the link should be to your project and not to your blog or gallery!!!!  

The sponsor for our first two challenges are internet shop Little Things for Cute Creations.  You can find a lot of very interesting and original embellishments for all kinds of scrap projects on their site.  


So please head on over to Scrap Africa and have a look at all the lovely layouts created by the Design Team and come join in the fun!

Scrappin Regards
Jeaunes
Share this article :

2 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger