Kaisercraft DESIGN TEAM application 2011–2012

Thursday, May 12, 2011

I have decided to apply for the Kaisercraft Design team 2011-2012 This will be my very first application, and I am very excited about it. Below are more information about myself as well as the projects I made for this challenge. I hope you enjoy it :-)

Layouts I have made using Kaisercraft products, along with layouts I have not used Kaisercraft products, but are my favourite out of the ones I have made lately.


Friends are the Sunshine of Life – The picture in this layout is of my sister’s horse, Glastnost. This was one of the first pictures I took of him and due to his soft nature I used the warm, earthy tones in this layout. I used the Peachy Keen collection, and along with Glastnost, my favourite! All the embellishments go with the paper, which makes it some much more fun! Due to the fact that the picture was taken at an angle, I made a frame which was twisted at an angle, opposite to that of the picture. This emphasizes the picture even more. All the journaling on this layout is about great memories, things I love about you, friendship and sunshine. The reason for this is the fact that no matter what your mood, Glastnost will ALWAYS lighten your day and put a smile on your face. He is definitely the silver lining on a dark cloud!

Free Admission - I took these pictures at the Regional Team event last year (2010). They were taken while my sister and Phoenix were waiting at the gate for their turn to jump. I love the way not only my sister is watching the contestant prior to her, but Phoenix is also paying attention and concentrating very hard on what he has to do. The paper and all the embellishments used in this layout are Kaisercraft, Up, Up & Away. The main theme of this layout was admission, the reason for this is the fact that they were waiting at the gate to enter the arena. I thought it suited the pictures. I mainly used tickets as embellishments, stating “admit one”. The title “Free Admission” is also aimed at getting permission to enter the arena, and to put emphasis on the “admission” portion, I enclosed it with curly brackets.


Family – For this layout I used Secret Bird Society. I made the layout at the South African Scrapbook Convention in September 2010. It was part of a competition, where you received a pack of paper and embellishments and you had to create a layout with the theme being “Homestead”. I used pictures of my family (the top picture is myself, my sister and my mom and the bottom picture has the two of us with my dad) as that is what “homestead” means to me – FAMILY.




Explore, Adventure, Discover, Experience – For this layout I used the Kaisercraft Lush collection. The picture is a postcard I bought while I was in Paris in January 2011. I just loved the postcard, and could not keep myself from scrapping it. And I found that this specific collection worked very well with the picture due to the colour combinations. It is a very simple layout, so to not take any accent away from the picture.





Diploma of Cuteness – For this layout I used the Class of ’87 paper. I loved the range, but the school pics I have of myself are not very nice. However, these pictures I had taken about a week prior to getting this paper, and amazingly enough, they worked with the paper! So I used dog photos on school paper I decided to name the layout “Diploma of Cuteness” due to the fact that he is cute and to link it to the paper range.



Beach – these pictures were taken on our beach holiday in 2010 and this range was perfect for these photos. I loved using them and making this layout.









Journey of a Thousand Miles – this is another layout I made with a postcard I bought in Paris. I used this specific range and colours due to the fact that the umbrella in the picture is orange.








A Dream come true - the first time I saw this range from Kaiser, I did not think that I would use it, as I don’t have any kids, so no fairy pictures, etc. However, when I saw the rub-ons about dreams and these pictures, I immediately knew that I must use these papers. The title “A Dream Come True” is exactly what these pictures are all about – my sister got a balck stallion during December that my dad bought for her, it has been a lifelong dream of hers.



The next three layouts are some of my favourite layouts, but I have not used Kaiser products.













Hope you enjoyed it!
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger