"Life's lessons cannot be learned until you learn to Live Life"

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This sketch from Let's Scrap (7-3-9) was one of the very first sketches that I used and I really enjoyed it. I specifically enjoyed the versatility, but not just of this sketch, but of all the sketches.



I did not really change or altered the sketch, the only difference is that I swopped the photo and journalling spots at the bottom of the layout. I used 2 pictures that I took of my dad and GlastNost at one of the shows during this year. I loved the way they were both just sitting/standing there all relaxed and staring into the distance :-) I used Kaisercraft's Bubblegum Hills range (2011 Easter range). I really enjoyed using the paper, especially since it was an Easter range, not used for easter pictures.



When it came to embellishing I simply used the non-Easter embellishments from the range. Instead of placing tags on the right hand side of the layout, I cuttlebugged some butterflies, embossed them and placed them where the tags are on the sketch. The sketch also has not space for a title, so instead of including a third photo, I filled the spot with a quote, which became my title. The quote is as follows: "Life's lessons cannot be learned until you learn to Live Life". Lastly, just for some finishing touhes, I did some hand stitching with a black pen around the outside edge of the paper.

Posted by Picasa
Share this article :

2 comments:

Becca said...

I love your take on this sketch, your LO is gorgeous! I love your page so much, I have ordered myself some of those lovely papers :)

sa_homespun / Michelle van Wyk said...

Wow, this came out amazing.. you really done a great job on this sketch.. Love it..

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger