LET'S SCRAP SKETCH 11-30-11

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

And so the last day of November has arrived...........................................

Over at Let's Scrap it is once again time for a new sketch, designed by the very talented Cheri O'Neill


When I saw the sketch I was very excited to get started and choose some pictures.  The reason, I do not have a lot of portrait pictures, and this layout is filled with ONLY portraits.  So I had to do a bit of digging, but in the end I found some lovely pictures to use.  Here is my take on the sketch.  


The pictures were taken while I was in the Kruger National Park during August.  I really wanted to scrap something african, as I had the BoBunny Zoology Collection that I wanted to use, so I decided to use the KNP pictures and the Zoology collection.  All the paper and embellishments were from that range, except the word "Kruger Park", which is from FabScraps.  Instead of using a die-cut for the middle part of the layout, I made my own, by just cutting a square and I used a border punch around the edges.  

I had a bit of a mishap with this layout - The day made this layout, I was scrapping with my mother-in-law.  Once she left and I had finished the layout on the Saturday, I left it on the patio table where we sat the whole.  Needless to say, my dear puppy - Sherlock - decided that evening, that he also wants to contribute towards this layout.  So when I arrived downstairs the following morning to let him out, I got a bit of a surprise.................  (thinking about it now, I should have taken a picture to scrap).  I had to do some damage control, luckily I could salvage MOST of it!  So in the close-up pics, you will see some teeth marks - those are Sherlocks :-)

  

   


What was really awesome about this collection from BoBunny, is that I got hold of all the stickers as well as the brads.  I could use the G (giraffe) and Z (zebra) and E (elephant) as well as the "Monkeyin' around, as they matched the pictures perfectly.  Below are pictures of the brads that I used.  What  I really loved about the big brads, was how they incorporated the South African monetary system into their brads!

  

For the title I had three portions:
  1. "Day Trippin'" which is also from the sticker sheet, I just added some staples to each side;
  2. "through the" is from the alpha-set, also part of this range; 
  3. "Kruger Park", a chipboard word made by Fabscraps.  



Well that is about it regarding the layout.  Now for some prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

This week's sponsor over at Let's Scrap is 


Here is a little about Tupperware Rep. 
Kim McKiernan
I have been a scrapbooker for years, but to help pay for the scrapping addiction, I need a day job.  Enter Tupperware – a company with a history of over 60 years of history and brand recognition.  Tupperware has allowed me the opportunity to meet fantastic people from all over and make their lives a little easier, healthier, more budget-friendly, and a little kinder for the environment.  
Find me on Facebook (tupperkim) for sales specials, gift ideas, and recipes.
In need of Tupperware, shop my website.  Interested in hosting a party and earning free stuff for yourself (and who doesn’t like free stuff?) or want to hear more about earning money to help support your scrapping habit, feel free to email me: kimmckiernan@my2.tupperware.com.
Kim McKiernan
Link to my site to shop:  www.my2.tupperware.com/kimmckiernan
Find me on Facebook for sales specials, gift ideas and recipes: www.facebook.com/tupperkim

Here is the wonderful prize she is giving away!



About the Season-Serve (retail value $22 USD)
Marinades make food taste great―but they can make a mess. Put meat or vegetables in the container, pour over the marinade and close with top cover. Now, simply turn it over every three or four hours. Special grills on top and bottom ensure marinade flows―plus meat, fish and veggies stay extra fresh, even overnight.  

You are welcome to do one or both sides, flip it, rotate it, interchange them for cards or layouts. You will have until 11.59pm (main page time) on Tues. Dec. 6th to upload your creation to be entered in the draw. For each time you upload a layout or card your name goes in the hat one time for our wonderful weekly prize! So let's see what you do with this sketch!
 
Please tag your layout: 11-30-11.  To be entered into the draw you must post your layout/card no later than December 6th at 11:59 pm (by the main page clock).  

I hope you enjoyed reading the post and have an awesome day!
Jeaunes
Share this article :

4 comments:

Betty Anne said...

Jeaunes your layout is amazing, I love the way you could use all the special brads and the paper line is perfect for your photos. I also enjoyed reading the story behind the photos.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your DT at Let's Scrap!!! :)

Kay said...

Proudly serving WITH YOU on the Let's Scrap Design Team, Jeaunes! Just saw your wonderful layout as part of the BIG REVEAL of the new DT layouts--and, of course, the great detail here! Thanks for the link back to my blog! Appreciate the traffic! Mwah!

Betty Anne said...

I love your layout Jeaunes, the papers and embellishments are perfect for your photos.
I am so glad to be working with you for another term over at Let's Scrap.

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger