LET'S SCRAP SKETCH 12-14-11

Friday, December 16, 2011


Hi there everyone, here is this week’s sketch over at Let’s Scrap and my take on the sketch. 



It is another stunning sketch by Cheri O’Neill. 

The pictures in this layout are of our cat, Zorro.  I have not done a layout in months on him and when I saw the sketch I realised that these pictures were just right.  I do not have a lot of portrait pictures and I really battle with portrait based layouts.  But luckily I found these pictures as I really loved the sketch.  The pictures were taken last December at our holiday house in St Francis Bay, Eastern Cape.  He just loves climbing on top of the roof and having a chill day/night………………

Until recently I have not bought any paper from Simple Stories.  I never really knew what to do with it.  But when I saw this range (along with one or two others) I just had to buy it………………  I did however buy this not with the intention on using it with these pictures, I actually wanted to use the paper on some layouts I do for another lady, but I then decided to rather use it with these pictures of Zorro.  Due to the fact that he is so dark and the pictures were taken at night, I did not really want to use black and white paper (which would have been the obvious choice of paper).  In the end the pastel colours worked very well with the pictures.

Here are some close-up pictures of the detail bits and pieces.  


One of the great things about Simple Stories is that as part of their paper collection they have paper that is filled with bingo cards.  I matted one of the bingo cards with black cardstock in order for it to stand out.  I added some green pearls to the edge of the paper, all around the scalloped edge, just to give it some dimension.  


This layout was again one of those that I did in phases, going back to it and back again and only on the third day did I get to finish it.  One of the main problems I had was the embellishing.  While I did the embellishing my husband was sorting out his fishing stuff, that's when I came across the "swiffle" (that thing they add to the end of the line which the hook and sinker and bait is attached to).  Well I used it in my layout (as you can see above) - I added three small embellishments to the end of the "swiffle" and adhered it to the layout with a brad.  Two of the three embellishments at the end were Tim Holtz Idea-ology type charms where I just cut two very small pieces from the paper and adhered it to the charms.  


For the title I used some fancy pants alpha-stickers for the first part and some Tim Holtz letters for the second part.  


The last part of the embellishments was this cat from Enmarc.  I inked it with Tim Holtz' black distressing, added some stickles to the edges to give it some dimension and for it to stand out, and lastly I added some pearls for the eyes.  

Now for some prizes……………

This week's sponsor is:


Here is a little about them:

I took over Shoestring Scrapbooking in 2007 & our shop was based in Melville, Johannesburg.  More & more customers started to order on-line & that’s when I decided to start the on-line shop & close the store.  We are now situated in Hartbeesfontein, Klerksdorp in the North West province.  We offer scrapbooking, card-making, candle making & antiquing classes for all ages.  We have a huge selection of wooden & chipboard products.  Our customers appreciate the fact that they get good quality products at good prices due to the fact that we don’t have high overheads.  

I have something new to share everyday on my blog http://shoestringscrapbooking.typepad.com & you can see all of our products at www.shoestringscrapbooking.co.za

Canica Van Loggerenberg  

Here is the wonderful prize they are giving away!


Would love if you head on over to Let's Scrap and join in the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share this article :

1 comments:

Mindi Brown ~}:{~ said...

I love the bingo card, such a cute element. Such a pretty kitty too :)

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger