SUPREME SCRAP TOURNAMENT 2014: CHALLENGE #1

Monday, February 3, 2014

Hello there,

I am writing from a cold and wet Johannesburg this afternoon (and by the sound of things, it will look like this the rest of the week).

http://sst.freeforums.net/

As mentioned last week, I sign-up to take part of the Supreme Scrap Tournament 2014, which has over 200 members from all over the world.  The challenge for round 1, went life on Saturday, here are the criteria:

Make a double layout or double mixed media project that shows where you live.  But it all has to be within 1000 steps from you home!!!! 

  • You cannot use any spray ink!
  • You will have to use at least 3 photos on  your project (scrapbooking and mixed media!!)
  • You will have to add a visible journaling of at least 50 words.
Here is my layout and take on the challenge. 

 
I used the Basic Grey Permisson collection along with plain cardstock on my layout.  The pictures are of our back garden and was take on 7 August 2012, when it snowed in Johannesburg, for the first time since September 1981. 
 
My journaling reads:
We live in Joburg, South Africa and are not likely to get snow in the winter.  So you could imagine my surprise when snow fell on August, 7th 2012 @ 14:17 in the afternoon (3 weeks before the start of spring).  It was the heaviest fall we have had in Joburg, since September 1981. 
With Jonathan due in less than a month, I was already on maternity leave (and therefore warmly covered in a blanket on the couch).  I still remember looking out the window and seeing snow falling.  At first I thought it was a mistake, but when I got up and looked out the lounge winder, it was white.  I was lucky enough to be able to have captured this day on camera with these pictures of our garden; so that one day we can tell Jonathan about the snow that fell only a few days before he arrived. 
 
Here are some close-ups. 
 


 
Instead of having some ink splashes, I "splashed" with some bling!
 
 
Thank you for the visit.
 
 photo Jeaunes_zps9ad9b8fb.jpg
Share this article :

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely double layout ... I'm visiting from the tournament, and wanted to say that I love your splashes of bling! Thank for showing us a part of your little corner in this world!

Katja/MezzaNotte said...

Great layout you have made. Softness and harmony over it.

Hugs Katja

elina said...

great idea the bling bling background!!! good luck!!

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger