Look at what I did

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I scrapbooked a picture that I enlarged on canvas. And oh boy, was that fun. And in the end it turned out really great. I am really impressed with myself and so happy about it.
It took us the whole of Saturday to do. But now it is finished and just waiting to be framed. For the moment I am going to leave it as is, but in due time I will have it framed.

I took pictures of the various stages mainly for this blog.
Stages of the Canvas
The very first thing I did was to get a backing board that is big enough to take the canvas. After a long search I found one. It had to be 84 x 114 cm, in order for the canvas and the paper to fit, but we also had to leave enough space for the frame.

I used We R Memory Keepers - Precious Metal - Coppered Out range for the layout (that is now if you can call this a layout...).

I covered the edge of the backing board with 3 different patterns from the range.

We gave the canvas a 2 cm white edge (from the canvas) which I then inked with creamy brown. Once that was done we taped it to the backing board (I used a whole role of purple turtle that I had bought the morning before class).

Along with the canvas I printed the other pictures that the wedding photographer took of me and my husband with the umbrella. They were all printed in sepia (3 jumbo size prints and 2 A5 sized prints). Each one of these pictures were done seperately. The 3 jumbo pictures I matted 3 times (thin cream boarder, thick pattern boarder and another thin dark brown boarder). Each of the boarders along with the picture was distressed before the next layer was matted.

Picture number 1.

Picture number 2.

Picture number 3.

For the 2 A5 pictures, a different techniques were used.
The first one I matted three times (distressing the picture and each of the papers). The middle layer of paper was cut thicker than the others. The reason for this is I added some chipboard frames to 2 of the corners. The chipboard was originally cream colour. I then gave the chipboard one coat of brown paint (that way the cream is still showing through and it gets a distressed look). The last step was to glaze the chipboard with diamond glaze.
The second A5 picure was a bit more complicated - trust us to once again try and do the impossible...
The picture was matted on a large piece of brown paper.

We then decided on three different pattern papers. Each of these were the length (or whith) of the picture and about 10 cm wide. They were then rolled up like cigarettes such that each of the rolls were 1 cm wide. We battle a bit with them, since the paper is very thick - the thinner the paper the easier the rolling is. Our rolls were also a bit long, the paper piercers got stuck more than once...

Once all the rolls were rolled they were placed all around the picture and stuck down with LOTS of tape.
The last thing I added to this picture you will see is a little chipboard word. This word is made my Dooh-Dah and it says Moment. I thought is was very appropriate since it was a special moment. The only thing I did to the word was ink the edges with brown ink and glaze the actually word.

The next thing that was done was of course the title.
Originally I wanted to do the Title with chipboard, but I could not find a nice font that was big enough. I found stickers for the walls by Making Memories in the end. But they did not work very nicely, since they are peel-offs and therefore did not stick to paper. So we stuck them to foamsheets to give them more dimension with tobo-glue. They were then painted with brown paint, inked/distressed with cream. But they still looked very bland, and boring. So we stamped a pattern on each letter with an acrylic stamp in a different colour brown - which then looked better. Afterwards I glazed them, but then another speed bump was hit since the ink from the stamps decided to run. So now you can not see the pattern of the stamp, but you do have 2 different colour browns. I am a bit disappointed, but it still looks nice.
To give the piece some character I added more chipboard shapes.
The one chipboard shape is in the top left hand corner. I took different sizes of the same pattern and made a "flower". The chipboard was also painted and then glazed. In the centre I added another Dooh-Dah chipboard word, Love, since that is what it is - our love for one another.
The second chipboard shape a once again took the same shape and just reversed the one. Instead of painting these shapes I covered them with paper and distressed the edges. These were placed in the middle of the right hand side of the canvas.

After all the above was done - this is what the final product turned out to look like.

It really turned out wonderfully. And the best part is that it looks stunning in the entrance hall!
This is definitely something I will do again. I am already thinking of the next canvas I want to do. I might not do it as big, maybe smaller. But we will see and I'll keep you up to date.
Happy Scrapping!!!!!!!!!!
Share this article :


Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger