HQ Pony Publications

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

At the beginning of the year I was approached by HQPony to publish my layouts in their magazine.

HQ Pony is a monthly magazine aimed at the younger horse and pony-mad amongst us. This bright and colourful magazine is packed full of rider profiles, DIY pony hints, fashion tips for pony and rider, masterclasses with the experts, careers advice, quizzes, puzzles, posters and heaps of other pony stuff that just has to be seen and read. HQPony is the magazine for all young riders, whether they are a serious competitor or a happy hacker. You can have a look and find them at http://www.panorama.co.za/website_publications_consumer/84/

So how does it work? They pick one of the layouts I did on the horses, I then do a short write-up about the layout where in I explain what I did, what products I used, what the inspiration/reasoning was behind the layout. This way the readers will be able to apply the tips and recreate the layout!

It was awesome to see my layout and a whole description of it in the first issue, in April (issue 17).  Here is the write up that was placed in Issue 17.

Friends are the Sunshine of Life



The picture in this layout is one of the “babies”. His name is Glastnost, a throughbred at 17 hands, and the biggest teddy bear on earth. We always joke and say that he is a bulldozer, as he does not really know yet where to go and what to do. But he is definitely a star in the making!!!!!!!!!

This was one of the first pictures I took of him and due to his soft nature I used the warm, earthy tones in this layout. The range that I used is from a company called Kaisercraft, and along with Glastnost, my favourite! All the embellishments go with the paper, which makes it some much more fun!

Due to the fact that the picture was taken at an angle, I made a frame which was twisted at an angle, opposite to that of the picture. This emphasizes the picture even more. All the journaling on this layout is about great memories, things I love about you, friendship and sunshine. The reason for this is the fact that no matter what your mood, Glastnost will ALWAYS lighten your day and put a smile on your face. He is definitely the silver lining on a dark cloud!

The issue 18 write-up is on its way :-)
Posted by Picasa
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger