HQ Pony Issue 21 Publication

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

For the 21st issue of the HQ Pony, the following layout was chosen for publication:

HOWDY PARTNER



The style in this layout is what we call vintage.  In scrapbooking terms, vintage means lots of layers and distressing so that the paper and embellishments look old and faded.

I used a variety of patterned papers.  Each one is a different size and individually distressed in such a way to make it look old and ruffled.  This adds to the old cowboy feel I was going for.  The papers were then arranged in layers and once I was happy with their placement, I glued them down.  Lastly I added the photos and then the embellishments.

The main reason for choosing the vintage style on this layout was the pictures, which were taken by my dad at one of the shows.  My sister was playing with her horse Glastnost, putting different hats on his head as my dad snapped away.  The best part was that Glastnost didn't mind at all!!!!

Embellishments were kept to a minimum so as not to detract from the pics.  However, the ones I chose enhanced the vintage theme in a subtle way.

For the cowboy styled title I used sticker alphabets from the same range.  The words "Howdy Partner" and the font all add to the cowboy theme.
Posted by Picasa
Share this article :

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats beautiful work!

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger