LET'S SCRAP SLETCH 10-26-11

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Over at Let's Scrap it is time for a new sketch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is this week's sketch, designed by Cheri O'Neil.  They post a double page sketch each Wednesday, except on the 3rd Wedensday of the month, they give us a card sketch.  You are welcome to do one or both sides, flip it, rotate it, interchange them for cards or layouts.  You will have until 11.59 pm (main page time) to upload your creation to be entered into the draw.


Here is my take on this week's sketch.


I started with the sketch, but once I finished the layout and compared it with the sketch, I saw that it was a bit different....................  But then again, as Cheri told me, the sketch it ONLY the beginning!!!!!!!!!!!

I used pictures that were taken of my darling husband and I at the recent CBR black tie event in August, this year.  The paper I used and some of the embellishments were from Glitz Design.  I attended a class on Women's Day last year where we used this paper, but I did not have the right pictures at the time of the class, and I therefore never finished the layout.  So when I was looking for paper to use with these pictures I pulled out the different parts of that unfinished layout, and did some "recycling".  Here are some close-ups of the detail.  


One of the pages had this chair in which was cut out, distressed and then popped on the LHS of the layout.  



One of the techniques we learned at the class last year, was to use the cuttlebug with foil.  All you have to do is cover a piece of paper/cardstock with foil and run it through your cuttelbug.  In order to make the embossed image stand out more, we covered it with some acrylic paint.  


   


Hope you enjoyed the layout!

Now a little bit about this week's sponsor.  

HEATHER HUNT
CLOSE TO MY HEART CONSULTANT
 
Here is a little about them:

I'm Heather, a mom of 2 children (4 years and 18 months) and wife to my funny husband for 8 years.  We live in Eastern Ontario and I've been scrapping for about 10 years.  I started to get more into cardmaking when I joined Close to my Heart 3 years ago.  My day job is an Early Childhood Educator, so I love to get crafty after the kids go to bed to help relax.  


My favourite Close to my Heart product is their Acrylic stamps.  I never enjoyed stamping before I used them because I couldn't see what i was doing and my image was ALWAYS tilted.  And now my favourite Close to my Heart product is their new Art Philosophy Cartridge.  I love offering card classes to my customers and always make sure that those out of town can participate too.  


Be sure to check out the website, blog or facebook page for upcoming workshops and specials.  Here are her contact details:  


Heather Hunt
Close to my Heart Consultant
Scentsy Consultant
613-304-6453
heathercm@gmail.com
www.heatherhunt.myctmh.com
www.heatherhunt.scentsy.ca
www.creativecoconut08.blogspot.com

HERE IS THE WONDERFUL PRIZE THEY ARE GIVING AWAY!!!!!!!!!!






Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger