LET'S SCRAP SKETCH 2-1-12

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Here is the first sketch that was posted for February, over at Let's Scrap.


And my take on the sketch.  


I really enjoyed using this sketch and had no difficulty with it.  The pictures I found while rummaging through old albums the other day, in search of something else to scrap than the usual.  The pictures in the layout are of my sister's cat, Balou.  We found blue scarf at a toy store the one day and he was very happy to have us tie the scarf round his neck and take some pictures!!!!!!!!!!  All the pattern paper in the layout is from Fabscraps.  I used normal Basill cardstock as my background pages and the pictures I matted with core-dinates, when I sanded them the light blue came through.  

Here are some pictures of the detail and embellishments.  




The sponsor over at Let's Scrap was
Ormolu began in 2007 while I (Kaitlin) was attending college for interior design.  While working on assignments for my degree I realised I actually had more fun designing the presentations for my projects.  I knew this was the case when I spent far more time finding just the right font and perfecting my layout than looking for finishes and checking on building codes.  Additionally I was teaching at a local scrapbook store and started designing custom embellishments for my classes.  

After graduation I decided to invest more time and energy into Ormolu rather than look for a career in Interior Design so that I could stay home with my children.  In 2009 I adapted a green philosophy and began using only recycled papers and implemented soy ink and wind power to create my products.  The products I design for my line have a tendency to cross the lines of stationary and scrapbooking as I have a deep love for the vast world of paper.  

Often people ask why I chose the word Ormolu.  My initial planning stages of this adventure took place in a history of interior design class.  I was probably overwhelmed by the horrendous neon powerpoint my instructor subjected on us each day (seriously) and turned to my book as a distraction.  Ormolu is an interior design term meaning an object is glided with gold.  I was fond of the sound and how it reminded me of my Mema (that's my grandmother) and her affection for beautiful things, often gilded with gold.  You can stay up to date with both Ormolu and my day to day happenings on my blog.  

Hope you enjoyed that. 

Scrappin Regards
Share this article :

2 comments:

Denise Price said...

I'm a cat lover, so this page stole my heart. :) I love the soft blue/brown color scheme that you used.

Denise van Deventer said...

This is such a cute layout...lovely!

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger