SKETCH CHALLENGE NUMBER 2 ON SCRAP AFRICA

Friday, February 17, 2012

Good morning ladies, I trust you all had a wonderful Valentines Day and got spoilt rotten by your loved ones.

I cannot believe that the first sketch challenge on Scrap Africa is over, and boy what a huge success it was.  The ladies really went all out and made the loveliest layouts.  Congratulations to .............

So now it is time for our second sketch challenge.  Here is the sketch for this challenge.


Here is my take on the sketch.


The pictures in this layout are old pictures, with me on the left :-)  It was some or other baby competition that my mom entered me into and I came second :-)  The original pictures are in colour, but it has faded over the years, so I reprinted them in black and white.  

The paper in this layout is from Fabscraps and the range is called Sugar and Spice.  Due to the fact that we had to use Fabscraps paper for this challenge, I had to find pictures and paper that matched.  I really enjoyed working with this range, it is such a fun range to work with!  Thank you Fabscraps!!!!!!!!

I did not want to over do the embellishing, so all I did was use some Prima flowers and butterflies that I had in my stash.  I also used some of the Sugar and Spice stickers and the little handbag is also from the same range.  When it came to the title, I used one of the tear-out pages from the Fabscraps range and used the heading as my title "Dear Diary".  I then just added a very nice rub-on to the rest of the page, so that it looks like a diary entry for that day.  The rub-on reads: 

"Only as high as I REACH, can I GROW.
Only as far as I SEEK, can I GO.
Only as deep as I LOOK, can I SEE.
Only as much as I DREAM, can I BE."

Here are some close-ups of the embellishments.  



Hope you enjoyed that!

Scrappin Regards
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger