LET'S SCRAP DESIGN TEAM CHALLENGE #154

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Back in January it was my turn to do a Design Team challenge over at Let's Scrap.  Things have been so hectic, I never got round to blogging it.  Well here was the challenge and the layout I made.

I was so excited about the challenge.  I had so many ideas, the perfect pictures, brand new papers, but when I sat down to do the challenge, the creative juices and everything that goes along with it, went out the window..........................

But in the end I came up with a layout, which was based on the following sketch.



I really adore these pictures of our little boy and really wanted to make something special of his first Christmas.  But in the end I decided to rather keep it simple, as less is more.  

The challenge was to make a layout that HAD to be Christmas layout with the following rules and criteria:
  • Use some sort of distressing technique, whether it is sanding, inking or any other distressing technique you know of.  I used sanding on my photos and papers.  
  • In terms of paper"
    • you had to use 2 different coloured cardstock; and
    • 5 different pieces of pattern paper.
  • You had to use at least one sticker, die-cut or rub-on.
  • And lastly, a small strip of paper.  I am not really sure how to describe this, but it is that strip of paper that some of the suppliers add at the bottom of the pages.  One I know that does this is Kaisercraft (I cannot think of other right off the top of my head).  You will see that I used it at the bottom of my layout, it is the strip of paper with the stamps on.  I do realise that not everyone might have these, so if you don't have one, you are allowed to use a border sticker or even a ribbon. 
I must admit, that in the end, I really enjoyed making this layout and it really turned out lovely!

Hope you enjoyed it and Happy Scrappin'
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger