I was so excited about the challenge. I had so many ideas, the perfect pictures, brand new papers, but when I sat down to do the challenge, the creative juices and everything that goes along with it, went out the window..........................
But in the end I came up with a layout, which was based on the following sketch.
I really adore these pictures of our little boy and really wanted to make something special of his first Christmas. But in the end I decided to rather keep it simple, as less is more.
The challenge was to make a layout that HAD to be Christmas layout with the following rules and criteria:
- Use some sort of distressing technique, whether it is sanding, inking or any other distressing technique you know of. I used sanding on my photos and papers.
- In terms of paper"
- you had to use 2 different coloured cardstock; and
- 5 different pieces of pattern paper.
- You had to use at least one sticker, die-cut or rub-on.
- And lastly, a small strip of paper. I am not really sure how to describe this, but it is that strip of paper that some of the suppliers add at the bottom of the pages. One I know that does this is Kaisercraft (I cannot think of other right off the top of my head). You will see that I used it at the bottom of my layout, it is the strip of paper with the stamps on. I do realise that not everyone might have these, so if you don't have one, you are allowed to use a border sticker or even a ribbon.
Hope you enjoyed it and Happy Scrappin'